Pro bono / volunteering opportunity
You will play a key role in the smooth running of our inclusive cycling sessions and in the collection of registration forms, data and cash.
Where you can volunteer
Croydon Arena, Herne Hill Velodrome and or Ladywell Day Centre (Lewisham)
When you can volunteer
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- Time Commitment requested: 2 x four hour sessions per month
- Disability Awareness, First aid (Mandatory if don’t currently hold)
- Basic Cycle Training, ABC bike check (if requested)
- Electronic participant signing in training
- Setting out the reception desk before/ after the session
- Welcoming participants when they arrive at the session
- Checking participants are registered, sign in, pay and issue receipts if needed. You will be operating an electronic sign in.
- Assisting new participants to register and referring participants to an instructor for an initial assessment
- Totalling cash at the end of a session (assisted by session supervisor)
- Helping with other tasks at the request of the session supervisor
- An interest and understanding of people and an ability to demonstrate patience, sensitivity and reliability
- A friendly, professional and welcoming manner and the ability to relate to a wide variety of participants
- A commitment to relate to disabled people in a non-judgemental way and to treat everyone as equals.
- The ability to work with a range of people from a variety of social and cultural backgrounds with a variety of impairments
- Good administration skills with attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions and to ask questions to clarify information
- Willingness to attend training, support and supervision meetings as required
- Carrying out tasks according to our policies and standards, in particular confidentiality, equal opportunities and health and safety
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work with WfW staff and volunteers
- Enjoy cycling and have the willingness to volunteer outdoors in (almost) all weather conditions
Staff you will work with:
Volunteer supervisor, cycle instructors including session supervisor (responsible for volunteers at sessions), other volunteers, WfW office staff
Would you like to help?
We offer all our volunteers training and support and we can also cover some expenses. In return, you can develop your skills for the workplace, meet new people and work as part of our team, please get in touch to learn more or fill in the form below.
This form can be provided in a variety of formats, please email us to request an alternative.