Wheels for Wellbeing are working with Herne Hill Velodrome to provide Covid Secure cycling sessions based on Government and British Cycling guidelines. Please follow instructions from our Inclusive Cycling Instructors, Volunteers, and Herne Hill Velodrome staff at all times.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid 19 – cough, temperature, loss of taste or smell – please do not attend a session but ring 07578 746 448 to cancel your booking. Book a test and if you’ve developed symptoms after attending a cycling session please provide: firstname.lastname@example.org as a “contact” for NHS Test and Trace.
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your allotted time. This is to prevent congestion at the entrance.
- We will keep 2 meters distance (except if needed to physically help someone onto a cycle). Please keep at this distance from anyone from outside your household or “bubble”.
- Please follow the one way signs from the car park, the desk, the track and to the toilet.
- Before cycling please sanitise your hands – sanitising gel will be available at various points at the track.
- You will be directed to your pre-booked ‘cycle station’ where your cycle will be ready to ride and where you can leave your possessions – bring as little with you as possible.
- Whilst riding – be respectful and allow other riders to pass at a safe distance where necessary.
- We will not be providing refreshments. Please bring your own water bottle. There is a tap by the track where you can re-fill your bottle.
- Toilets – please let us know if you have used the toilet so we can sanitise it for the next person. Only one accessible toilet will be available to use. If there is an “accident” which requires a lengthy clean up please help us out by notifying us that this has happened.
- We will ask you to leave 15 minutes before the next riders’ start time. This is to give us time to clean cycles and to limit contact between people leaving and those arriving.
- If you require assistance to get onto a cycle we will ask you to wear your face covering/mask if you have one or we will supply you with one if you don’t. The person assisting you will wear a face covering/mask, visor, gloves and apron, depending on the level of assistance required. If a medical condition makes it impossible for you to wear a face covering, please inform our team on arrival.
- If First Aid is required, we will wear a face covering, a visor, gloves and an apron, depending on the level of incident.
- Please take any rubbish (from snacks for example) home with you.
- Support workers/carers/family members, please remember you are responsible for your disabled cyclist at all times. If you require help please ask.
We’ll be continually working to improve the sessions we can offer whilst keeping everyone safe. Thank you for reading and we hope you enjoy your session.