In recent years we have witnessed a whole host of policy and campaigns successes, large and small, that have come about as a result of our work. There are far too many to list here, but below are some of our proudest achievements to date.
- Based on the recommendations in our Guide to Inclusive Cycling, Trinity College Dublin installed Ireland’s (and possibly the world’s) first ever dedicated cycle parking facilities for disabled cyclists
- The Department for Transport published new guidance on the Cycle to Work scheme, making it more inclusive and accessible for disabled cyclists, following our advice and recommendations
- As part of its Inclusive Transport Strategy, and as a result of our lobbying, the Department for Transport committed to look at amending legislation to recognise the use of cycles as a mobility aid by 2020
- As part of its review of the National Cycle Network, of which we were a part, Sustrans agreed to remove or redesign all 16,000 barriers on the network “to make it accessible to everyone with no dismounting required”
- We published a world-first Guide to Inclusive Cycling (now in its second edition), the recommendations of which have been adopted by policymakers and transport practitioners nationwide. In 2019 our Guide was nominated for an award for best behaviour change initiative at the International Healthy Streets Summit
If you would like to learn more about supporting Wheels for Wellbeing then please fill in the form below, call us on 020 7346 8482 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.