Travel Mobility Scheme Pedicab Volunteer
You will play an important role assisting individuals attending the cycling sessions at the Herne Hill Velodrome. Your main task will be transporting individuals to and from the Herne Hill Velodrom from the surrounding bus stops and train stations in a Pedicab. Some individuals will require your support in various ways. This position may involve an amount of walking.
Where you can volunteer
Herne Hill Velodrome
When could you volunteer?
At least 2 x Mondays a month for min of 6 months
Time Commitment requested: 3.5 hours
- Road cycling support training
- Training will be given on use of mobility aids used in conjunction to your duties
- Disability Awareness, First aid (Mandatory if don’t currently hold)
- Further training may be given later
- Cycling the Pedicab around the sounding bus stops and train station close to the Herne Hill Velodrome
- Assisting individual mount and dismount the Pedicab, some may have a disability.
- Keeping logs
- Reading and recording notes
- Collect and receive feedback and give to your supervisor
- Keep up to date with the activities and knowledge of WfW
- Commitment to WfW’s mission and values
- Helping with other tasks at the request of the supervisor
- A strong and confident cyclist with good road cycling skills and experience
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- An interest and understanding of people and an ability to demonstrate patience, sensitivity and reliability
- Maintain confidentiality and have respect for the individual
- A friendly, professional and welcoming manner and the ability to relate to a wide variety of people
- An ability to relate to disabled people in a non-judgemental way and to treat everyone as equals.
- Act with integrity and work collaboratively with your supervisor, sharing knowledge and information as appropriate
- The ability to work with a range of people from a variety of social and cultural backgrounds
- Confidence talking to individuals
- Ability to follow instructions and to ask questions to clarify information
- Willingness to attend training, support and supervision meetings as required
- Carrying out tasks according to our policies and standards, in particular confidentiality, equal opportunities and health and safety
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work with WfW staff and other volunteers
Staff you will work with:
- Community Engagement Officer, other volunteers, WfW office staff
Would you like to volunteer for one of our roles?
If you are interested in any of our roles and think you are suitable, please fill in the form below or call 020 7346 8482.